Saturday, July 01, 2006

Past Perfect


There's really nothing more modern than using your computer, especially to read a blog. What's funny, though, is that I spend most of my time on the internet looking for vintage goods. As I while away the time on my laptop, I'm actually longing for the days of old. Back in college, instead of studying for my Shakespeare exams, I would spend all my time at the library looking through old Good Housekeeping magazines. I may be deficient in my knowledge of iambic pentameter, but I know an awful lot about what to wear when cleaning out my garage! I just love vintage fashion articles.

I found the greatest website the other day:
www.oldmagazinearticles.com. Click here to check it out. If you type in "fashion" (or any other topic you fancy) you'll be presented with articles from the first half of the 20th century with titles like "Paris Grows a Bit More Gay" (by that they mean festive), published in 1915! I could spend my entire day reading through the articles, but I do have my future to think about. It's back to work for me.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

oh, dear me. that site is nothing short of DIVINE.

glad I happened onto your site, to find the other one. golly.

p.s. I'm a big fan of your lovely shop. wish I had a zillion dollars to spend there.

sigh. someday. :p